[NL] Gilion Fluidkiteboarding - chasing Doris

Nature

Februari 27, 2017, 15:04:40
edit2Rapporteer  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGB6G5bkYrk

A massive forecast for the Netherlands with storm Doris knocking on the front door. The entire westcoast of the Netherlands prepared for gusts up to 130Km/h and at least 40 knots nearly the entire day.  Perfect weather to send Gilion out in with the brand new SKY 7M. Dirty weather not something most of us kite in. 

Fluid kiteboarding SKY 7M - Storm Doris
I planned a session with some of my kitesurfing buddies and invited a local news station to get some shots. As I arrived at the beach with 2 friends it was just awefull 40-50 kts and raining super hard. We ran to the beach bar where we planned to meet up with some other riders and the TV crew. 15 minutes later the skies cleared – GO time!

Boosting a couple times with the sky felt pretty good but I didn’t feel in the zone (might have been the cold and those bloody annoying gloves).
I decided just to have fun and boost whenever I felt like it.  Not really high intensity sessions that I’m used to but an OK session with a lot of fun with friends. Pretty much what “normal” riders have when riding in 20 knots. It was amazing to see some of my friends go as high as a kite pushing their limits.
After 2 hours it was time to call it a day and check back on the WOO/PIQ/ Xensr scores.
18,7M / 18.2M / 17.6M

Back at home all of us received so many credits and to top it all off we made it to a lot of news stations!
But for me the photographic report Ilja Huner made was far more amazing, it just shows how intense it all was.

Check out his website and give him a shout out.
www.iljahuner.com

Gear used
Kite:  SKY 7M
bar:  CSG 48CM
board: Twoseven 130 Woodseries
measurement: Xensr AIR / PIQ / WOO v1 

roelandp

Logs: 0 | 2 uur
Antwoord #1 Februari 27, 2017, 15:14:15
edit2Rapporteer  
hele mooie fotos!
et1961

Antwoord #2 Februari 28, 2017, 08:31:04
edit2Rapporteer  
Leuk verslag G! En gave foto's!
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.