New to the Netherlands

simoncs

Geen avatar

Juni 09, 2009, 16:12:39
edit2Rapporteer  
Hi all

I have just arrived in Amsterdam where i will be working for the summer. I really want to get back into my kiting as haven't really been able to for the past 2 years apart from the odd trip.

Just have a few questions if i may?

I don't have a car here - I guess i can use connectcar or greenwheels if necessary - but is it easy to get to the kitespots by public transport? (provided i don't bring too many kit)

Which is the easiest beach to get to by public transport?

I heard the beach is only about 30mins from the centre - is this a kite beach? Would it possible to kite after work if i leave at 5.30pm? or is that just wihful thinking Smiley

Do you kiters travel to different beaches depending on the wind condition or is there a prevailing wind in the summer?

As i don't have a car is it safe to leave bags on the beach / launch area?

I presume there are always other kiters to help you launch / land at these beaches?

I have done all my kiting in Australia and Egypt (spoilt i know) and i think their wind is not as dense as here? I have 4 kites but don't want to bring them all over (from uk) - perhaps i will get away with just my 7m and 10m Torches? Wind seems quite strong in the centre of Amsterdam.

thanks for your help

Simon
El Rudo

Logs: 0 | 252 uur
Antwoord #1 Juni 09, 2009, 16:23:49
edit2Rapporteer  
Simon,
public transport to the beaches - maybe Zandvoort, the other spots I think will be drama, with the exception of IJburg maybe.
You can to try to hook up with some Amsterdam riders and hitch a ride from there. This forum and Hanglos.nl are the places to check this out.
The 10 will be your to go size, maybe one bigger and on smaller too., depending on board, weight, skills etc. Usual kiting wind is 14-20 knots, and on windy days up to the low 30s.

good luck!
simoncs

Geen avatar

Antwoord #2 Juni 09, 2009, 20:10:06
edit2Rapporteer  
thanks - i'll try to get there at the w/e to see what it's like
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.