4 months on the C4

HaPe

Logs: 0 | 273 uur
April 20, 2014, 18:42:51
edit2Rapporteer  

http://vimeo.com/92231508

4 months on and still frothing!!
Further to my initial impressions in December last year, I’ve been lucky to score some awesome sessions both on the C4 and the Zephyr. Firstly I just want to say that the C4/Zephyr combo is working an absolute treat. I’ve pretty much got everything from nek level storm wind to about 13 knots covered with the C4, and then anything under that I whip out my trusty Zephyr to keep me out there until the Chrono racers come out!! In all seriousness but, I’ve found that the C4s have had a huge improvement in their wind range. Where before I was down or up-sizing with changing conditions, I now just soldier on because I know my kite is going to keep performing at its best. Dare I say a C kite with a bow kite’s wind range.
Usually I have my favourite kite size of the season, but not with this year’s C4 model. By that I mean there is no outlier with the C4 quiver; they’re all the same - EPIC. This is an awesome thing for me because all the sizes feel the exact same in the air (apart from turning speed obviously), which makes learning tricks and feeling the groove every session a lot easier. A large component of freestyle/wakestyle riding comes down to the mind, and you really get that confidence with every kite size of the C4. It’s a huge testament to Rob and Torrin and the work they do in R&D – so good work guys!! If ever you’ve found yourself on the fence about taking the plunge and giving a C kite a go, I really encourage you to try out the C4. So many people are quick to write off a C kite as a potential kite for them. I think this has partly come about because of the notion that C kites are for advanced riders only. Nothing can be further from the truth. The C4 has been designed with this in mind – it’s for everyone too!!
Anyway, C4 froth-out aside, I’ve really had a great summer – you may have (hopefully) seen some of my Ozone Summer Series. I had a great time filming them with my videographer Glen Bowden, and we still have more footage from the past couple of months that we’re waiting to punch out. We’ve even thrown in some paragliding filming too – more on this later. My favourite video that Glen and myself made would have to be the pure C4 riding installment - vimeo.com/85132535. As bad as it sounds, when medical studies are getting a bit too hectic I sometimes find myself watching that episode again; it just brings me back to those epic C4 sessions at my local.
As I’m writing this, I’m mid-way through the university semester waiting out for 6 weeks worth of end of semester holidays!! I’ve had some awesome sessions at the kiting spot up here in Townsville. Ozone racer Marvin and myself have been getting out heaps and sometimes swap our equipment over for the LOLz. You may have seen the quick little video Marvin made of me wakestyling on the Chrono – Chronomatic vimeo.com/90524138.
I’ve got a few things in the pipeline with Marv and Glen Bowden over June/July/August so keep your eyes peeled.
Anyway, I’ll leave you with a little C4 session from up here in Townsville. Enjoy ?
Frank82

Logs: 0 | 164 uur
Antwoord #1 April 20, 2014, 23:58:18
edit2Rapporteer  
Die S-Bend op 0:40 is wel echt dik, nice filmpje Smiley
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.