Susi Mai naar Tona boards

Marc_87

Logs: 0 | 758 uur
Januari 08, 2015, 19:24:35
edit2Rapporteer  
Susi Mai gaat naar Tona boards, of ze Cabrinha blijft varen laat ze nog in het midden maar aan de tekst te zien denk ik van niet. Nieuwe dame voor Slingshot erbij of toch terug naar Gaastra?

Bla bla tekst van de site van Tona:

"It all started one summer when Dre was in my home town, Cabarete, in the Dominican Republic. We rolled up to our favorite kite spot La Boca and unloaded our gear. At one point I randomly walked past Dre’s board lying in the sand and stopped in front of it. Holy shit, my bikini matched the colors on the board so exactly it was almost a joke. I picked it up and yelled over to Dre, “Check this out it’s almost like I’m a Tona ad!” *Click* Jason Lombard, our photographer, snapped a photo. Dre looked at it and laughed: “Well you know we would definitely love to have you if you ever decide you might want to join us”. And that was the moment when the wheels in my head were set in motion.

You guys might remember that a few years ago, I was given the opportunity to develop the first ever full range of gear designed specifically for women. I’ve always been a big advocate of female kiteboarding, because I know first hand how much girls need other girls to inspire them, especially when it comes to as intimidating a sport as kiteboarding. Personally, I didn’t have any interest in kiting until I saw Laurel Eastman, the first professional kite-chick that ever came to my home town in the DR. Head full of studies, boys and video games, I was your typical teenage girl; distracted and a little cautious, and in that respect, very lucky to have had such an inspiring role model as Eastman at hand as I took to the waters of this extreme sport for the first time. And fell in love. That first day I was able to kite all the way out to the outer reef at Kitebeach, I remember sitting in the water and looking back at the beach and feeling so damn free, that I decided right there and then that everyone should get a chance to look at the world from this perspective, at least at some point in their lives.

Eight months later, I entered my first PKRA event and to my own (and everyone else’s) surprise, made it all the way into the finals, going head to head with the reigning world champion, the legendary Cindy Mosey. I was young and carefree enough at the time to jump at the first opportunity that came my way in the form of Gaastra Kites who offered to sponsor me to do the rest of the tour in 2003. That was the same year I went on to win my first ever contest, earning the coveted title of the “Red Bull King of the Air” competition in Maui, Hawaii. I then went on to compete on the PKRA for eight seasons until I blew my ACL and was forced to take a step back from competing. During that time I started working on more media projects and kite camps, and began my transition away from competition riding. I embraced the change though – enjoyed traveling to new places, meeting awesome people and taking time to inspire girls to get out on the water – and as I did all that, I realised that in my kiting life, there was one constant: Dre.

To this day, Dre remains my biggest mentor and role model. It was he who introduced me to Pete Cabrinha over eleven years ago, and since then, he’s always been one step ahead of the game. From the moment I signed with Cabrinha on Valentine’s Day in 2004, it felt like Dre and I were family. I know he doesn’t like all this praise but there you go, it’s happening, Dre – so suck it up :-) I made the switch to Tona mainly because of you. Or at least you were the reason I actually seriously considered leaving Cabrinha – before that photograph was taken, the thought had never crossed my mind. After that, as the weeks came and went, the idea wouldn’t leave my head – and the more I thought about it, the more sense it seemed to make to join Dre on the next adventure and create something fresh and exciting.

But don’t get me wrong, I love Cabrinha. I owe them a huge part of my career and I am honored to be able to call myself part of what I consider to be the most legendary kite team of all times Wink Team Cabrinha. Pete has always been our fearless leader, he is a living legend and I am so thankful for the many valuable things I learned from him Smiley but I’m now stoked about the move to Tona because it opens up a whole new world of opportunities for me to take the women’s side of kiteboarding to a whole new level. We came up with the name EDEN for my first board, and I’m really excited to say that we’re almost done with the graphic, and will hopefully have something cool to show you all very soon.

Oh and the one thing you guys are still probably wondering is what kites I’ll be riding next year? The answer is easy: My favorite ones Wink "

Bron: http://tonalife.com

http://tonalife.com/welcome-aboard-susi-mai/
Michiel.

Logs: 0 | 308 uur
Antwoord #1 Januari 08, 2015, 20:21:49
edit2Rapporteer  
Slechts 1 foto!!???

Sad
TimK

Geen avatar

Logs: 0 | 15 uur
Antwoord #2 Januari 08, 2015, 20:33:24
edit2Rapporteer  
Staan er 2 op de site van tona

Eagle-Jan

Logs: 0 | 2 uur
Antwoord #3 Januari 09, 2015, 09:12:52
edit2Rapporteer  
Slechts 1 foto!!???

Sad

waarom zou je er meer willen? Zo lekker is ze nou ook niet meer Grin
Teigetje

Logs: 0 | 765 uur
Antwoord #4 Januari 09, 2015, 12:22:05
edit2Rapporteer  
Nou ze mag bij mij wel even een beschuitje komen eten hoor. Grin
Nature

Antwoord #5 Januari 09, 2015, 13:07:33
edit2Rapporteer  
Gaat ze nu dan ook eindelijk eens echte tricks doen ipv alleen maar frontrolls.

en eagle tijd heeft ook haar te pakken genomen haha.
ze was wel lekker en kwam er altijd wel mee weg dat der kiteskills niet je van het waren t.o.v de gemiddelde kitechick die nu kite al helemaal niet t.b.h

Dobbelsteen

Geen avatar

Antwoord #6 Januari 09, 2015, 13:44:24
edit2Rapporteer  
Ik vind het wel gek dat ze bij het Red Bull team mag met zo'n skills.
Normaal zijn die even hard op vrouwen als op mannen, presteren moeten ze doen.
Blijkbaar bij haar niet?
EddyC

Geen avatar

Logs: 0 | 4 uur
Antwoord #7 Januari 09, 2015, 19:15:05
edit2Rapporteer  
bikini matched the colors on the board
zo hoort het om je board te kiezen
Marc_87

Antwoord #8 Januari 09, 2015, 19:29:22
edit2Rapporteer  
Nja Susi kon altijd een aardig potje kiten, anders wordt je niet twee Queen of the Air. Daarna nog even verder gegaan in de PKRA en dat ging ook niet onverdienstelijk totdat ze alles afscheurde en het rustig aan moest gaan doen.

En waarom ze bij Red Bull zit, tja het is en blijft gewoon een lekker ding! Kijk dat lichaam dan. Daar ken je wel wat mooie promotie mee maken.

Jeffro

Logs: 0 | 724 uur
Antwoord #9 Januari 09, 2015, 21:20:18
edit2Rapporteer  
Nu weet ik wat jij in de avonden doet Wink
HaPe

Logs: 0 | 273 uur
Antwoord #10 Januari 09, 2015, 21:52:46
edit2Rapporteer  
Z'n Susi Mai collectie ''bekijken'' .....
Marc_87

Antwoord #11 Januari 10, 2015, 08:53:02
edit2Rapporteer  
Nou nou dat valt allemaal wel mee, was niet eens thuis afgelopen avond.
manrot

Logs: 0 | 180 uur
Antwoord #12 Januari 10, 2015, 11:03:56
edit2Rapporteer  
Volgens mij zijn jullie jaloers op Marc Ik zou de rest van de collectie ook wel willen zien...... Grin
Davidov

Logs: 0 | 27 uur
Antwoord #13 Januari 10, 2015, 11:26:10
edit2Rapporteer  
En Marc heeft een hoop foto's!!! Remember the Susi Maandag Smiley

Marc_87

Antwoord #14 Januari 11, 2015, 21:51:02
edit2Rapporteer  

Zal binnenkort nog maar eens die foto's gaan opzoeken op de externe HD.
Michiel.

Logs: 0 | 308 uur
Antwoord #15 Januari 11, 2015, 23:22:50
edit2Rapporteer  

Dat waren nog eens tijden Wink
Remmert

Geen avatar

Antwoord #16 Januari 21, 2015, 16:22:49
edit2Rapporteer  
haha die met dat lieveheers beestje is lachen
Remmert

Geen avatar

Antwoord #17 Januari 26, 2015, 15:23:10
edit2Rapporteer  
en deze natuurlijk

Langbeest

Antwoord #18 Januari 26, 2015, 18:19:06
edit2Rapporteer  
Gelukkig de achterkant....hou het alsjeblieft daarbij
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.