Kitesurfing around the Isle Of Wight. New record of 3:23:24!

/-||_( )|-|/-|

Juni 12, 2016, 18:59:44
edit2Rapporteer  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qS03NAHHSo

I kite foiled around the Isle of Wight and set a new unofficial record of 3 hours 23 mins 24 seconds! It wasn't without it's problems...kite dropped twice in the wind shadow South of the island (even though I was a mile offshore!).

A massive thank you to my kite handlers/photographers/safety marshals Elizabeth & Richard who endured over 7 hours of being bashed around on a RIB travelling 20 knots! They did a total 110 miles from Poole. The Watersports Academy & Dave were so kind to lend the RIB, we needed that power! And Huw for driving!

The Ozone Kites R1 & Moses Hydrofoil UK Vorace were the perfect choice for this adventure. So thanks Thomas for sending the kite down last minute! I averaged 16.5 knots and hit a top speed of just over 27 knots (not on purpose!)

Looking forward to seeing what Steph, Olly & Guy can do at the end of the month Smiley

Music by: Kölsch & Michael Mayer - Dogma 1
Evan
Administrator

Logs: 0 | 1481 uur
Antwoord #1 Juni 12, 2016, 20:01:06
edit2Rapporteer  
16,5kn gemiddelde valt nog best mee. Al moet je het wel meer dan drie uur vol houden natuurlijk.
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.