Peter Lynn Escape V6

Evan
Administrator

Logs: 0 | 1481 uur
April 19, 2017, 12:30:02
edit2Rapporteer  
Velen hebben Willem er al mee zien knallen tijdens de 2017 Red Bull King of the Air in Kaapstad en vandaag is dan de officiele launch van de zesde generatie Peter Lynn Escape.

The Escape is built for ambitious riders who want to amp up their ride.

Its C-shaped design gives it the ideal freestyle and wakestyle performance profile. The Escape V6 is the ultimate freestyle machine that can pull you through some serious megaloops. It offers a complete package of great line slack and explosive pop, great hangtime and soft landings.

Specific traits of multiple design shapes were combined to make the V6 Escape into the hard poppin’, big boostin’ freestyle machine it is. The Escape is a modern C-shape design that delivers explosive power in a smooth and controllable way and offers performance for both hooked & unhooked freestyle tricks.

Its deep profile gives the kite a lot of grunt without sacrificing the upwind performance. This ensures you can stay in the competition box to perform more tricks during your heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktnWIDTSYg

For the first public appearance of the Escape V6, we’ve chosen the 2017 Red Bull King of the Air contest in South Africa. This was a great opportunity to show off the Escape’s potential and performance. It was at the KOTA that team rider Willem van der Meij put the kite through its passes and showed the world that the V6 Escape jumps massive and loops like a rollercoaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJjbza8DQc

The features of the Escape V6 were designed to suit the needs of freestyle fanatics. Solid feel, powerful turns, no back stall and responsive control make the Escape v6 the ultimate choice for the aspiring competition rider. In the hands of advanced riders the Escape can handle a lot of wind and can be pushed to extremes in its higher wind range.

www.peterlynnkiteboarding.com/escapev6
Michiel.

Logs: 0 | 308 uur
Antwoord #1 April 19, 2017, 17:14:00
edit2Rapporteer  
Altijd mooi kites van eigen bodem!
Zien er goed uit!
Evan
Administrator

Antwoord #2 April 19, 2017, 22:14:05
edit2Rapporteer  
Wanneer stormt het weer? Moet hem nu toch eens goed rond gooien, laatste storm stond ik iets teveel overpowerd om lekker in de loops van een nieuwe kite te komen.
powpow

Antwoord #3 April 21, 2017, 14:03:18
edit2Rapporteer  
Nice!
Erik@Spijk

Logs: 0 | 459 uur
Antwoord #4 April 21, 2017, 22:51:29
edit2Rapporteer  
Ze beginnen een steeds volwassener tube merk te worden. Mooie kite, alleen is die bridle niet lang om zonder pulley te functioneren, of zitten er sliders op?
Shore

Antwoord #5 April 22, 2017, 08:17:25
edit2Rapporteer  
Wat is het verschil in functie tussen pulley en slider ? Zijn sliders beter ?
Zie ze overigens allebij niet op deze kite en daarnaast korte bridle is toch beter ...
Marc_87

Logs: 0 | 758 uur
Antwoord #6 April 22, 2017, 08:44:28
edit2Rapporteer  
Ze beginnen een steeds volwassener tube merk te worden. Mooie kite, alleen is die bridle niet lang om zonder pulley te functioneren, of zitten er sliders op?

Dat is gewoon het ontwerp van de kite, je levert een klein beetje in op stabiliteit en de absorptie van vlagen maar dat is eigenlijk geen probleem meer met de kites van nu.

Wat is het verschil in functie tussen pulley en slider ? Zijn sliders beter ?
Zie ze overigens allebij niet op deze kite en daarnaast korte bridle is toch beter ...

De functie is het zelfde tussen sliders en pulley's, je moet alleen afwegen wat beter is i.v.m. slijtage van de lijn die eroverheen gaat of van de slider/pully.
Shore

Antwoord #7 April 22, 2017, 09:18:32
edit2Rapporteer  
net ff zitten kijken, zitten geen pulley's op volgens de website; is die dan juist minder stabiel ?
Marc_87

Logs: 0 | 758 uur
Antwoord #8 April 22, 2017, 09:21:05
edit2Rapporteer  
net ff zitten kijken, zitten geen pulley's op volgens de website; is die dan juist minder stabiel ?

Zoals ik zij zal de kite iets minder stabiel zijn maar doordat we nu in 2017 leven zal je daar bijna niets tot niets van merken.
Mooij

Geen avatar

Antwoord #9 Mei 22, 2017, 14:46:21
edit2Rapporteer  
Met de stabiliteit in harde wind lijkt het wel goed te zitten...

http://vimeo.com/216150984

Evan
Administrator

Antwoord #10 Juni 15, 2017, 10:06:32
edit2Rapporteer  
Verhaal van Cedrik bij bovenstaand filmpje:

Cedric Vandenschrik puts the Escape v6 through its paces on a windy windy day in Cannon Rocks, South Africa.

To really test a kite, you also have to take it out in extreme conditions to see what it can handle and how it behaves:

With a wild forecast in the pipeline I decided to head to my secluded lagoon to see what the Escape v6 could do in strong gusty winds.

I choose the lagoon for pushing loops because it is way more forgiving on the landings than the open sea. If you have ever thrown big loops, you will know that landing into waves or bad chop can be detrimental to your health. Obviously without the presence of ramps, you gotta make sure you get the hight to pull of those low loops.

By the time we got there the wind was already mental. I put up the 7m Escape v6 and could immediately feel how strong and gusty it was. I tentatively headed out and tried a few jumps feeling the hang time and the holes in the wind. I then started throwing a few small loops building up confidence to then progress towards those “Blow you hair back” loops. The first noticeable thing about the Escape v6 was how solid and smooth it felt, not only in general flight, but also through the loops. So little fluttering! It was also confidently dealing with the gusts and holes. It’s the kind of kite that you can keep controlling through the loop.

But the wind just kept increasing.

It is always difficult to hazard a guess at how strong the wind was in knots. I know that the sand was whipping my face in the water and that the videographer was battling to stand. Then the wind increased and got gustier to the point where loops were becoming dangerous. So I tried the 5m managing to throw some sneaky loops in between gusts.

Overall the Escape v6 is a real confidence booster and so much fun to loop.
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.