Sept.

canaKiter

Geen avatar

Juli 14, 2013, 22:37:19
edit2Rapporteer  
Hi ,
I live in Alberta  Canada . My name is Jacobus Zwanenburg . I was born in Vlaaardingen .
I am coming to Visit family in Sept  5 -22 . I must Kite while there though  ThumpsUp
I am IKO level 1 instructor and have kited 9 years . I have wave experience and love it . I kite water and snow . surfboard or TT, Skim . It's all great !
I would like to know if there is a place that will rent me gear ? Other options to avoid bringing my own from Canada ? Huh
Whats the best place to hook up with other kiters , Ijmuiden , Hoek Van Holland , Zeeland  ..... ?

Thank you in advance . loser
JackZ

Frank82

Logs: 0 | 164 uur
Antwoord #1 Juli 14, 2013, 22:53:04
edit2Rapporteer  
Where will you be staying in Holland? Renting gear is always expensive so better to bring gear. If you can't bring a board at least bring your kites and rent a board. A 4/3 or good 3/2 suit should be enough in september.
canaKiter

Geen avatar

Antwoord #2 Juli 15, 2013, 03:08:17
edit2Rapporteer  
I'll be staying in Vlaardingen . I will most likely have wheels somehow so I can get around .
Ok thats kinda what I though it would be too , Rentals are $$$$$ .
Would a  9 and an 11.5 be good choices for this time of year ? I'm 85 kg .

Thanks for the input  Frank .
JackZ
So_Surreal

Logs: 0 | 14 uur
Antwoord #3 Juli 15, 2013, 07:34:55
edit2Rapporteer  
Hello,

Here is a handy list of spots in the Netherlands marked on a map.

http://www.kitehigh.nl/spots

It also shows wich wind directions you need to kite there.
Peer

Logs: 0 | 60 uur
Antwoord #4 Juli 15, 2013, 11:34:45
edit2Rapporteer  
For board you might be better of (compared to renting or flying with one) to buy a used one cheap at:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/z/watersport-en-boten/surfen-kitesurfen.html?categoryId=1404

And leave it with your family and put it back on marktplaats as you leave.. If you are a clever buyer and seller, you should be able to use it for free...

The kite sizes seem ok to me, should give you at least a number of days on the water... But you could be unlucky and end up with a wheater system that calls for a 7m  Joepie
El Banditos

Antwoord #5 Juli 15, 2013, 11:49:57
edit2Rapporteer  
Sizes should be good, worst case senario is that you have to rent a smaller kite for when its really on.

I live in Vlaardingen, pretty central to all kite spots in this region. The one nearest by Vlaardingen will be Hoek van Holland. But it also depends what kind of spot you want, waves, or flat. A bay or open sea.

The spots I usually go are:
- Slufter, also known as maasvlakte (waves and flat)
- Oostvoorne, autostrand (kind of a lagune, pretty flat)
- Rockanje, (choppy as hell, but with low tide and right wind it can be fun, specially cause there arent a lot of people)
- Brouwersdam ( can be very flat when the tide is right)
- Ouddorp (waves and flat with the right tides)

Most spots are 45 minutes drive, except Hoek van Holland, that will be a 20 minute drive.

If you want more info or other things you want to know about Vlaardingen, just PM me!!!
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.