Kitesurfer waanbe need an advice (Cabrinha Black Tip 14.0)

Ven
Gast
Maart 14, 2004, 20:04:59
edit2Rapporteer  
hi all guys,
due to the fact that i do a very stressant work, i've decided to do kitesurf. I'm italian, and in my city there are no kitesurf school. so i have only one dvd and one book to learn kitesurfing. I don't have a big budget, so i want one kite and one board that i can use also when i will be more skilled. Where i live the wind goes from 8 to a maximum of 20 knots, and i can have a good discount on this stuff:
Cabrinha Black Tip 14.0 for the kite
and
CABRINHA Spoiler 150 for the board.
Can someone can tell me if this configuration is good? Really i don't want something that i have to change after some months of practice.
My stats are 5.9 x 190lbs.
Suggestion are very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Alex

Antwoord #1 Maart 14, 2004, 21:20:23
edit2Rapporteer  
It's a nice starting set altough it's very importent too learn what the wind can do with the kite. There are some very importent tips on this site but the're in dutch. The administrator is a good kiter him self and maybe he will translate the tips for you. If you click on his name in this forum you can contact him. His name is Arjan, just click some of the messages and you will find his name.

Good luck, Alex
Alex

Antwoord #2 Maart 14, 2004, 23:22:51
edit2Rapporteer  
A new message has bin posted with a link to a English "school site"
It's posted under the name "theorie kitesufen int nederlands???"

Maybe this wil help you....?

Alex
Ven
Gast
Antwoord #3 Maart 15, 2004, 12:28:12
edit2Rapporteer  
Thanks for the reply guys. I have a big respect for the sea, and i understand that kitesurf can be dangerous. I'm also talking on other board, but all says the same thing: take lesson of kite, without a course you can do kitesurf. I would be happy to take lesson but near to me there are no school, so my only chanche is to go on the beach when there ar 5-6knots and start understanding the kite. I hope to learn the basic fast and have some happy days with the kite.
Emiel

Antwoord #4 Maart 18, 2004, 17:36:25
edit2Rapporteer  
from witch  year you want the blacktip, i have a blacktip myself from 2002 and its a great kite and i dont want to sell it ever cause its so great!!!
dow-rhino2

Antwoord #5 Maart 20, 2004, 22:23:24
edit2Rapporteer  
if you are really carefull you might give it a shot but you can better plan your holliday or something in the direction of a kiteschool .
that will be much safer . or ask some locals for help.
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.