Lost: SPY sunglasses in Oostvoorne

BigBafana

Geen avatar

Juni 14, 2010, 14:30:51
edit2Rapporteer  
Hi Everyone!

I lost my sunglasses whilst kiting in Oostvoorne on the weekend (Saturday 12.06.2010). Since I lost them about 30m from the beach in the sea during high tide (around 13h00) I tought I would find them later during low tide, but I guess somebody else found them before me.

Did anybody find a pair of SPY sunglasses (has a cross on the side) during low tide?

Whilst looking for my sunglasses I actually found another pair of sunglasses. So if anybody else is missing their's, tell me which make and I'll bring them back to you.
Thanx. Cheers

Morres

Antwoord #1 Juni 14, 2010, 21:06:51
edit2Rapporteer  
You german?

losing things suck!
Eagle-Jan

Logs: 0 | 2 uur
Antwoord #2 Juni 14, 2010, 23:51:38
edit2Rapporteer  
Post it on the kitesites in the UK, maybe, they will be found somewhere there.. schater
no seriously when you loose stuff at high tide and the wind is blowing side shore ( N or N/E )it is unlikely you will find anything nearby...the outgoing tide takes everyting out to sea...specially small or flat objects that  catch little or no wind at all...so in the case of your sunshades it doesn't really matter where the wind is coming from. I'm affraid it's washed out to sea. 
Sorry for you dude.  Embarrassed
Next time tie them down with the leash of your wetsuite zipper Joepie
BigBafana

Geen avatar

Antwoord #3 Juni 15, 2010, 09:27:50
edit2Rapporteer  
Thanx for the tips.....I know about the string to the wetsuit method. Normally I go kiting without the shades but this time I guess I was too excited about the first run that I forgot that I had them on.

Only when I wiped out was the time that I relized that I had them on. That was when I was riding back to the beach to put them back in the bag....but psychology got the better of me when I was so concentrating on NOT falling that I had to wipe out again...face first, flat on the face.....that's when I lost them.

And no, I'm not German but South African living and working in Germany.

Thanx again. Cheers
Eagle-Jan

Logs: 0 | 2 uur
Antwoord #4 Juni 22, 2010, 01:16:27
edit2Rapporteer  
Thanx for the tips.....I know about the string to the wetsuit method. Normally I go kiting without the shades but this time I guess I was too excited about the first run that I forgot that I had them on.

Only when I wiped out was the time that I relized that I had them on. That was when I was riding back to the beach to put them back in the bag....but psychology got the better of me when I was so concentrating on NOT falling that I had to wipe out again...face first, flat on the face.....that's when I lost them.

And no, I'm not German but South African living and working in Germany.

Thanx again. Cheers

btw South African???
got any tips for kiting near kape town, durban and port elisabeth...
and partying...
do's and dont's ??????????

i'll be there from 1st of sept till the 27th Joepie
BigBafana

Geen avatar

Antwoord #5 Juni 25, 2010, 10:44:19
edit2Rapporteer  
Hi, I can only tell you about spots near Cape Town. They're brilliant!

Firstly a good resource to check out would be:

http://www.kitespotters.co.za/kitespots_wc_map.php

I can tell you that the whole Blouberg, Tableview area is a nice spot for kitesurfing in Cape Town. Dolphin Beach, Big Bay or Doodles are the main spots I think.

Otherwise check out Langebaan about 1h drive from Cape Town for the smooth water lagoon. Some people make the mistake of kiting at the front end of the lagoon which is also OK but there's a much better spot at the end of the lagoon. Just ask around in CT or if you're staying somewhere in Blouberg, ask the local kiteshops where excactly it is.

Try going to Witsands (not to be mistaken with Witsand, which is further away). Very nice spot. Oh and don't forget your wetsuit, even in Summer the water can be really cold. Oh and another thing, don't fall, you'll like a huge lure for the little sharks......just kidding, just kidding.....they're aren't actually that small Wink

I can't say anything about the rest of the country as I haven't visited them yet. I've always stuck to Johannesburg and Cape Town, but when in Durban, try contacting a guy called Rob Chrystal (he's a local f-one dealer) landline +27-31 562 8886 or cellphone +27-82 88 01 888. He'll help you out with Durban or maybe even take you along for a session or two.

Partying: well I guess there are lots of places to party, you'll probably get invited by some locals for a braai (BBQ) share some beers etc.

For real clubbing and going out, you'll be best off in the center of Cape Town (Long Street and also Loop Street are probably the best places to hang out.

Do's: Be friendly, respect the local rules of the spots, especially since there are a lot of waves around and you have many waveriders around, you'll be best off to respect their 'territory' and learn the right of way on the water and waves.

Be social, talk to the locals on the beach. Most are really friendly and open and you'll be invited for partying or get great local tips.

Don'ts: don't land up in jail! whatever you do, just don't. The next morning you'll have a nigerian drug lord quality assured stamp on you ass. If you ever get stopped by the cops and it gets down to business and its so messed up that they want to lock you up, start bribing Smiley otherwise always be friendly and everything should be alright in good old Cape Town.

That should be it. SA and especially CT are really nice. You'll enjoy it.

http://www.tablemountainview.com/ it looks a bit misty right now, but watch the cam when the sun is out. Its beautiful. Enjoy Cheers
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.