Logs: 0 | 2 uur
Antwoord #26 Mei 11, 2016, 01:21:35
edit2Rapporteer  
Oh je bedoelt coke.
Marco B.

Logs: 0 | 1754 uur
Antwoord #27 Mei 11, 2016, 08:47:58
edit2Rapporteer  
hahaha, ben een keer in een oude VW transporter door de Gardia Civil van de weg geplukt, dachten dat we de bus vol met ........ hadden.

Wel indrukwekkend hoor, 8 man met doorgeladen machinegeweren en van die lieve hondjes die je bus doorzoeken.
Haring High Richardt

Antwoord #28 Mei 12, 2016, 10:16:49
edit2Rapporteer  
http://hanglos.nl/forum/kite-discussie/topics/313982/2-kiters-overleden-tarifa.html

Verschrikkelijk allemaal
Nice_try

Geen avatar

Antwoord #29 Mei 12, 2016, 16:48:40
edit2Rapporteer  
Ik was daar aanwezig die dag en was zelf aan het kiten op de lagune die deze dag inderdaad bijzonder groot was, maar dan zo'n kilometer dichterbij de stad zelf waar het water rustig was. Ik heb dezelfde dag ook nog op zee gevaren en omdat het nieuwe maan was, waren de golven behoorlijk groot (ik schat 2-3 meter), ik ben zelf een keer gespoeld na het verkeerd lezen van een golf en werd ik door de wasmachine flink ondergeduwd.

Ik schrok van alle commotie en de gewonde jongen die werd afgevoerd (benen helemaal paars van de striemen van zijn lijnen, geen fraai gezicht) maar wist niet dat er nog twee mensen waren die het helaas niet gehaald hebben.

De wind viel zeer plotseling totaal weg, mijn kite viel uit de lucht. Ik vermoed dat dit de reden is dat zij terug zijn gaan lopen.

Sterkte aan alle betrokkenen

Robert_V

Antwoord #30 Mei 13, 2016, 11:43:50
edit2Rapporteer  
Verschrikkelijk en zeer triest! Sterkte aan alle betrokkenen.
Robert_V

Antwoord #31 Mei 14, 2016, 16:21:36
edit2Rapporteer  
Stond op FB van Patrick

Last Sunday, in Tarifa, I was near the river mouth where Marc and Tereza died from drowning in a rip current. Me and many others did our best to get them out and resuscitate them, but they had already drown and been in the water for way too long. I am deeply sorry to all friends and Family.

I watched Marc get pulled out of the water, and then after finding out that Tereza was still in the water, I found her body and got her out so we could attempt resuscitation. It took two attempts for me to swim out to retrieve her body. The first time I swam out, the rip current got the best of me and pulled me out into deadly water conditions while it pulled her away from me faster than I could swim. I was reminded by a man on the beach (he used hand signals) to swim parallel to shore. I was then able to make it back. Then, Tereza was closer to shore. So the second time I went out it was manageable to get her to the beach. The same man who pointed me to swim parallel helped us get out by pulling the kite that she was still attached to, as he was on the beach. I held her body and swam towards him fighting the outgoing current.

NOW, if she had released her kite and swam parallel to shore, she could potentially still be alive today. AND, if I had not been reminded to swim parallel during my first rescue attempt, I could be dead.

High tide is at 20:30 today. Anytime after that, we could see a similar rip current. A difference between today and Sunday, is that the wind seems to be stronger. But that only tricks kiters into thinking they can handle forces of nature that, without there kite flying, could kill them. I have seen 3 kiters die in the last 2 years. One was a different case in offshore wind. All drowned because of dangerous WATER conditions. Kiting did not kill them. The kite just helped transport them into a dangerous place, and when the kite stopped working normally, they were at the mercy of water forces that they were not equip to handle.

Please! Anyone kiting in a place where there may be rip currents. ANYONE kiting the lagoon today. (Better to just stay away) DO your research on how to survive rip currents. AND NEVER enter the water without checking Wind forecast AND WATER/ TIDE/ WAVE SWELL/ STORM predictions.

Kiting can be a safe sport. But you are only as safe as your daily weather conditions and your ability to use equipment safely.

*Be armed to let go of your gear$$$!! to save yourself.
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.