New OutLeader kite videos

KiteShip
Gast
Januari 27, 2005, 21:39:00
edit2Rapporteer  
Two new vids; the first is a "Set, fly and douse" showing what the kite looks like as its set, flying and just how--and how long--it takes to retrieve. This is a 72 meter kite aboard a 10 meter monohull in Sydney, Aus.

Second vid is of the 66' racing skiff "AAPT" (ex "Grundig") flying her 420 meter kite outside of Sydney Harbour.

http://www.kiteship.com/id7.html

KiteShip
Leander

Logs: 0 | 4 uur
Antwoord #1 Januari 28, 2005, 11:35:51
edit2Rapporteer  
leuk, maar wat heeft dit met zelfbouw te maken??
Flywoods

Antwoord #2 Januari 28, 2005, 15:55:16
edit2Rapporteer  
Hello Dave,

Do you constantly have to steer the kite once it is in the air ? Or is it stable on itself ?
Constant steering is not what the average sailor is looking for when taking the boat out for a weekend I presume. For racing it's ok I think.

Cheers,

Johan

KiteShip
Gast
Antwoord #3 Januari 31, 2005, 21:19:07
edit2Rapporteer  
Do you constantly have to steer the kite once it is in the air ? Or is it stable on itself ?
Constant steering is not what the average sailor is looking for when taking the boat out for a weekend I presume. For racing it's ok I think.
Johan
Much like any kite, Johan; or any spinnaker. We have cleated the kite off and run under autopilot for more than an hour, offshore in waves, but the kite would fly better if tended. It does not need constant tweaking, but it will eventually crash if ignored. The kite is designed for racing, with much additional power. It is not designed as a "set and forget" cruising kite. That is for another day.  ;-)

Dave
« vorige volgende »
Ga naar:  

© 2002 - 2024 Kitehigh

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.